Neutering for pets in Poole
Neutering dogs, cats, rabbits and other small animals is also known as spaying in female patients and castrating in males and can help you and your pet enjoy a stress-free life together.
Neutering comes highly recommended if you’re not planning to breed from your pet. Not only will it ensure they don’t have, or cause an unplanned pregnancy, but the procedure also comes with a range of other health and behavioural benefits for you and your furry friend. Book an appointment with our expert team to discuss neutering your pet.
Behavioural and health benefits of neutering:
- Reduces the risk of some tumours and health conditions
- Reduces unwanted sexual behaviours
- Females will no longer go into heat or suffer from phantom pregnancies
- Females may become calmer and easier to live with
- Male dogs may become calmer and easier to train
- Male dogs may become less aggressive and less likely to be attacked by other dogs
- Male cats will be less likely to get into fights
- Males will be less likely to spray/mark in doors
Whilst both types of neutering (spaying and castrating) usually involve surgery, the procedures are relatively quick and your pet should recover in good time. We can also discuss and provide ‘chemical neutering’ when that is required.
During and after the neutering procedure
The team at Walton Lodge Vets are experienced veterinary professionals and will ensure your pet is healthy, happy and safe whilst with us for their procedure.
Most pets will be able to return home on the same day as their operation, allowing them to recover in the comfort of familiar surroundings.
Save 10% on Spaying & Neutering when you are a member of our VIP Health Plan.
For more information on spaying and neutering, or if you’d like to book an appointment for your pet, call 01202 747678 and speak to a member of our team.